Sandwich Recreation Department
Skip to nav
DEPARTMENT INFORMATION AND POLICIES
• All Sandwich Recreation programs are open to Sandwich residents and their legal dependents on a first come first served basis. In the event a program fills up, a wait-list will be created.
• After a pre-determined period of time, Non-residents are welcome to register, contingent upon availability. *All non-residents must add a $10 fee per program/event. –(Exception: Super Fun Program at double the fee)
• Registrations can only be accepted at the Recreation Office or on-line.
• Walk-up registrations the day-of a program will not be accepted by the instructor. (unless a drop-in rate is indicated)
• Full payment must be submitted with your signed waiver form at the time of registration. The Sandwich Recreation Department is always willing to work with families and payment plans and partial scholarships can be made available- please call the Recreation Office directly to set one up.
• Checks should be made payable to: Town of Sandwich.
• We cannot pro-rate program fees.
• Participant substitutions are not allowed (e.g. you cannot sign up one child and replace him/her with a sibling or friend).
• If a registrant cannot participate prior to the start of a program Sandwich Recreation must be notified, as that roster spot can only be offered to the first/next person on the wait-list (see REFUNDS).
• Full refunds are given only when the program is cancelled by the Recreation Department due to low enrollment or is already filled.
• After the registration deadline no other refunds can be granted, as instructors are paid based on the enrollment numbers we provide them at that time. Unless medical reasons prevent participation and is accompanied by medical documentation.
• Refunds for a program paid for by cash or check may take 3-4 weeks to process and issue.
• Once enrolled in a program you should receive an email confirmation/receipt. If you do not receive such notification please contact the office immediately to confirm your enrollment.
• Program notifications will be made only if the program is full, cancelled, or there is a time/location change. [This is our “no-news-is-good-news” policy.]
• Sandwich Recreation reserves the right to consolidate, cancel or postpone a program for any reasonable cause. The Sandwich Recreation Department is not responsible for any missed classes due to a participant’s inability to attend.
• You will be notified if your program is cancelled; if you do not hear from us, plan on attending.
The Sandwich Recreation Department is committed to the safety of all its participants, staff and families. As such, the decision to postpone or cancel a program or class as a result of anticipated or on-going inclement weather conditions will be based on the overall concern for the safety and well- being of the whole community.
In the event that the Recreation Department has to cancel a program due to inclement weather the announcement will be posted on the following social media sites:
• The Sandwich Recreation website www.sandwichrec.com
• The Sandwich Recreation Department Facebook page.
• An email and text blast notification will also be sent to those household accounts, who have selected to receive notices upon on-line registration.
In the event that schedule will allow, the Sandwich Recreation Department will reschedule one classes or game for every two cancelled due to weather.
PLEASE NOTE: When the Sandwich Public Schools cancels school or calls for an early release due to weather, the Sandwich Recreation Department WILL NOT hold programs. Also, in the event the Sandwich Public School Facilities Department deems that the fields/ gym or space are unsafe or unplayable, we will cancel programming for that day.
Please feel free to call the Sandwich Recreation Department at 508-888-4361, with any questions or concerns.