Sandwich Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Eligibility: Children of Sandwich Taxpayers (entering grades k-8 in the Fall of 2021)
Please note: all kindergartens must be 5- before September 1,2021
Non-residents may register for double the cost if there is space starting April 9, 2021
Location: Oak Crest Cove -34 Quaker Meetinghouse Road, Forestdale
Here are a few things you should know...
The Super Fun Program officially starts, Monday June 28th! Drop off is 8:30 AM and please note our new Pick Up time is 3:30 PM!
WHAT TO BRING:
Please mark your child’s name on all personal items.
- A back pack
- 2 labeled masks
- Lunch and snack (Lunches are stored in your child’s cabin’s refrigerator.)
- Swim suit, towel and an additional change of clothes
- Sweatshirt or jacket
- Water bottle
- Extra spray bottle of sunscreen & bug spray
- Dismissal or health concern notes, if relevant for the day.
Children should not bring valuables such as air pods, gaming devices, cell phones, money, etc
Sneakers must be worn by all participants; sandals or water shoes may be worn only to and from swimming.
Please review the following information regarding the All Day Super Fun Program’s approach to COVID-19. These changes are put forth with the guidance of the State of Massachusetts, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the local Board of Health. It is important to note that the Sandwich Recreation Department has implemented daily cleaning practices to provide a safe environment for staff and participants.
Disclaimer: The Sandwich Recreation Department is working closely with the Board of Health and following the latest COVID information released by the State of Massachusetts. We will continue to monitor the town of Sandwich case numbers while implementing all guidelines put forth by the state- Therefore, we reserve the right to discontinue any program at any time should the town or state feel it is in the best interest of the health and safety of our community. Please take the time to review our program modifications that have been implemented to ensure all our participants safety. We encourage you to contact the Recreation Department directly with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Please note the current modifications that will be made to safely run the Super Fun Program
To maintain preventative procedures, the All Day Super Fun Program will be divided the into 2 groups by session throughout the Oak Crest Cove Campus. These groups will then be broken up into the standard smaller cabins. Each cabin will be in a ratio of 10 participants to 2 counselors ages 7 and up and 10 participants to 3 counselors for ages 6 and under. Each individual cabin will have their own designated cabin areas where they will meet at morning and afternoon pick up,
- Face masks are not required for outdoor play or in/ on the water.
- Face masks are required during inside activities (putting away belongings, going to the bathroom, changing to swim, visiting the Healthcare Supervisor, any indoor rainy day activities)
- Staff and participants will be required to have 2 labeled masks in their possession at all times
- If you or your child feel more comfortable wearing a mask during outdoor activities, please let their counselor know. Please note: the All Day Super Fun staff will not be enforcing outside use of masks , we can however remind and encourage your child to wear a mask For obvious safety reasons .MASK CAN NOT be worn in or on the water. Our staff will be enforcing mask use during inside activities.
- The daily schedule will be made up more smaller group activities with any larger group activities being socially distant.
- Each individual cabin will have their own assigned cabin areas for drop-off and pick up.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
Good news!! The Super Fun Program will run as scheduled even during rain days . Please note: If there is any sign of thunder or lightening all the children will be immediately brought inside a building or cabin. No child will be allowed to leave the building FOR ANY REASON until at least 20 minutes has passed since the last sign of thunder or lightening. Therefore, all staff and participants will be required to wear a mask inside during rainy day activities. If you opt not to send your child on inclement weather days please just call the office to let our staff know. Also, in the event the weather changes throughout a day and you decide to pick up your child -YOU MUST CALL THE OFFICE AHEAD OF TIME to arrange a pick up- DO NOT DRIVE through the camp area during the regular schedule day without preauthorization.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES:
To limit large group sizes and interactions between parents/ caregivers and staff, as well as keep the drop off/ pick up procedure moving safely there will be two distinct areas for drop off/pick up each day.
Parents and caregivers will be given a windshield placard to indicate that you are dropping off and picking up at the All Day Super Fun Program. Upon arriving at the Oak Crest Cove property, you will be met by a Gate Attendant and display your plaque. These color-coded placards also help us direct you to the proper drop off or pick area.
Traffic Flow- All vehicles will pull over to the left-hand side of the road and come to a complete stop when children are exiting and entering a vehicle. To safely pass a vehicle please stay to the right-hand side of the road.
|4 Week Session Drop Off/ Pick Up Location|
|8 Week Session Drop Off/ Pick Up Location|
|Cabin #12 |
Drop Off Procedure: Participants will be dropped off at their designated session area. Each morning a Super Fun staff member will meet your child(ren) at the car, sign them in and escort them out of the vehicle and direct them safely to their designated cabin area with other participants. Parents and Guardians are to remain in the vehicle.
Pick Up Procedure: At the end of the day, you will be met by a Super Fun Staff member -where you will provide the child’s last name. The staff member will then radio to your child’s counselor who will send them to their designated pick up area. A staff member will assist your child into the car. After your child enters the car safely, we ask that you please pull forward into the right lane and follow the flow of traffic out of the camp area. Parents and Guardians are to remain in the vehicle.
Sessions and Rates:
Option 1: 8 Weeks - June 28th- August 20th 2021- $1,650.00 per child
Option 2: 4 weeks - June 28th- July 23rd - $875.00 per child/4 weeks
Option 3: 4 weeks - July 26th- August 20th- $875.00 per child/4 weeks
**Session Options and Fees cannot be altered
**Payment plans are available at check out and upon request**
**Credit Card processing fees are non refundable, by choosing to pay with a credit card you are accepting these fees. The first payment must be made with a credit card to reserve your child's spot**
REGISTRATION FOR RESIDENTS OPENS on TUESDAY, MARCH 9th 2021 at 6:00 AM
Please note: The Super Fun program is very popular and will fill extremely fast! Registrations are taken on a 1st come , 1st served basis.
The Initial Deposit must be paid at time of registration to secure your child's spot.
- Initial payments must be made online by credit card at www.sandwichrec.com . Any additional installments maybe made with either a credit card or be made in the form of a check or money order payable to Town of Sandwich, please send payment to: Sandwich Recreation Department, PO Box 1336, Forestdale, MA 02644. ( Please note : our credit card processing company does not accept American Express )
- The Initial Deposit must be paid at time of registration to secure your child's spot.
Non-residents may register for double the fee starting pending available space.
- All accounts must be paid in full by June 1st .
- A service fee of 3% is added to all credit/debit card transactions. The Service Fee is assessed by a third party payment technology company and the Town of Sandwich receives absolutely no additional revenue from the assessed service fee. This service fee is non-refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is refunded/credited.
- Please note the Sandwich Recreation Department is always willing to work with families to make the program accessible to everyone, please call the Recreation Department to discuss alternative payment plans as needed.
- NO refunds will be granted after May 31st.- minus any service fee’s accessed at check out.
If you require modifications and/or accommodations to register or participate in this program please call 508-888-4361.
Additional Forms and Files: